New Orleans (home) vs. Atlanta (away)
Current Records: New Orleans 7-1; Atlanta 1-7
What to Know
The New Orleans Saints won both of their matches against the Atlanta Falcons last season (43-37 and 31-17) and are aiming for the same result on Sunday. New Orleans’ bye week comes to an end as they meet up with Atlanta at 1 p.m. ET at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The Saints are cruising in on a six-game winning streak while Atlanta is stumbling in off of six consecutive losses.
When you finish with 213 more yards than your opponent like New Orleans did two weeks ago, a favorable outcome is almost sure to follow. They were the clear victors by a 31-9 margin over the Arizona Cardinals. New Orleans RB Latavius Murray looked sharp as he rushed for 102 yards and one TD on 21 carries.
Atlanta came within a touchdown against the Seattle Seahawks, but they wound up with a 27-20 loss. Atlanta got a solid performance out of WR Julio Jones, who caught ten passes for 152 yards; unfortunately, it just wasn’t enough for the victory. QB Matt Schaub’s longest connection was to Jones for 25 yards in the first quarter. Jones has never finished with more yards this season.
New Orleans’ win lifted them to 7-1 while Atlanta’s loss dropped them down to 1-7. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: The Saints enter the contest with only 84.3 rushing yards allowed per game on average, good for fourth best in the NFL. Less enviably, the Falcons are stumbling into the matchup with the fourth fewest rushing yards per game in the league, having accrued only 68.5 on average. So the Atlanta squad has its work cut out for it.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $102.00
The Saints are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Falcons.
Vegas had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Saints as a 13-point favorite.
New Orleans have won five out of their last eight games against Atlanta.
- Nov 22, 2018 – New Orleans 31 vs. Atlanta 17
- Sep 23, 2018 – New Orleans 43 vs. Atlanta 37
- Dec 24, 2017 – New Orleans 23 vs. Atlanta 13
- Dec 07, 2017 – Atlanta 20 vs. New Orleans 17
- Jan 01, 2017 – Atlanta 38 vs. New Orleans 32
- Sep 26, 2016 – Atlanta 45 vs. New Orleans 32
- Jan 03, 2016 – New Orleans 20 vs. Atlanta 17
- Oct 15, 2015 – New Orleans 31 vs. Atlanta 21
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Michael Thomas: 16.02 points
- Drew Brees: 27.08 points
- Alvin Kamara: 14.41 points